Service Team
Child & Youth Safety

All volunteer members aged 18 and over must complete a Police Record Check (PRC), including a Vulnerable Sector Check (which checks specifically for child related offences).

All volunteers and staff aged 18 and over must provide an updated PRC every three years.

Methods of processing your PRC / VSS with local Police depends on where you live...

Method 1 (specific to residence location)
Applicable for both new and returning volunteer leaders

Where do you live? (click on the location listed below)

  1. York Region
  2. Toronto
  3. Other Cities

Method 2 (specific to returning volunteer leaders only)
Are you a returning volunteer leader (i.e. to renew your PRC)?


Method 1 (A) -- Specific to residents living within the municipality of York

YRP Police Vulnerable Sector Check

Applicants must submit their application form in person at one of the Customer Service Units in Aurora (47 Don Hillock Drive) or Richmond Hill (9350 Yonge Street) of York Regional Police.

YRP may adjust the service hours and locations at different times. Please check HERE for any related updates.

Please follow detailed instructions HERE about where to go; what to bring; the fee to pay and any latest updates... and the most important... the Application Form. YRP always changes the form frequently. You have to download the up-to-date Application Form from YRP web site directly.

Applicants claiming to be volunteers may be asked to submit a letter on the agency’s letterhead and signed by a representative of the agency to confirm the applicant is a volunteer.  When this letter is produced at the time of submitting your Vulnerable Sector Screening form, the RCMP fee (for finger-printing procedures) will be waived.

HERE is the sample letter prepared by Central Ontario Service Centre to accommodate for the above requirement. (This is a template letter. Print it out; complete the necessary data and Group Commissioner to sign it before handing in with the Application Form YRP 149)

[back to top]

Method 1 (B) -- Specific to residents living in Toronto

For New Volunteers Only: Central Ontario Service Centre will assist new volunteers to apply for the Polics Checks with Toronto Police. Please contact Rosalie Pelkey at 416-490-6364 Extension 231 or email Rosalie Pelkey (

[back to top]

Method 1 (C) -- Specific to residents living in Cities Outside York Region and Toronto

THIS is a quick info in a nutshell for choosing the right procedures in applying for a PRC - for those volunteers who live in Halton Region, City of Guelph, Waterloo Region, Bradford, West Gwillimbury, Innisfil, Orangeville, Hamilton-Wentworth, and areas under jurisdiction of OPP

[back to top]

Method 2 -- Specific to Returning Members ONLY - for PRC Renewal

For Returning Volunteers only: Members of Scouts Canada who already have a valid police check may use the online process (with MyBackCheck) to proceed with the PRC renewal. Read the following quidelines for detailed instruction:
Click the above image to proceed... (after you have read the instructions thoroughly)

[back to top]

sc logo